Use this guide on your mobile when you’re out buying a bra. You can add it to your favourites so you can find it easily.
Do it up on the widest size
The elastic will give over time, being able to do it up tighter means you can still have it fit you.
Sweep your breasts into the cups
Put your hand inside the bra, under your breast and sweep it into the middle. Do the same to the other side. This makes sure your breasts are completely inside the cups.
- If you think you will gain weight
- If it’s a convertible bra that also does strapless. You will probably wear it tighter for strapless than you would normally. Fit for strapless at a tighter setting so you can let it out at other times.
Adjust the straps
They should be taut but not digging in.
The band should be horizontal
If it’s riding up in the back…
If it’s digging in…
As you move down a band size,
move up a cup size
As you move up a band size,
move down a cup size
There should be no bulging
Move up a cup size (you may need to move up a band size as well
And no gaping or sagging cups
Move down a cup size (you may need to move up a band size as well
- Will it still look good with clothes over it?
- Walk in it, is it too bouncy?
- For low cut bras: lean forward to make sure you don’t fall out the front when you bend over
- For a sports bra: jump, stretch, move in it
- Is it comfortable?